Poetry Please!

The best part of the holiday season (besides my beloved lights!) is gifts...getting and especially giving.  I am recommending three new books of poetry this year to inspire and delight.  The first one is Slice of Moon by Kim Dower, one of my favorite poets and author of Air Kissing On Mars (and if a sexier title exists I don't know what it is).  Anyway, Ms. Dower straddles the real world and the world of the imagination in such a way that I find myself thinking about whatever of her poems I have read in the morning for the rest of the day.  For example, "They're Taking Chocolate Milk Off The Menu" --in which she asks, "What will our kids be forced to do? Will they devour each other?" or in "Skin Deep" ..."men may choose to ignore their excessive brows, but is that really the right choice?"  Non.

Comments

Popular Posts