A poem for the upcoming holiday season....

Ode to LL Bean


I shove the glossies and circulars
Hard into the green plastic recycle bin
Under the polyurethaned deck in lower suburbia
A rogue gold leaf falls between the slicks
And I leave it there
I’m not so precise
To differentiate
Between worlds
I feel a nip, taste a tang
I sniff the air
A hound following the ribbon of scent
To me and
White reindeer dancing over red skein
Across my chest
Hot from hiking
Designer tea in chipless mug
Sweetened with goddamned real bees honey
Appears in my hand
Entering a wooded cabin where a
Someone
Waits for me
He’s tall, faun eyes crinkly
Illuminated by a cinnamon colored
Nuprene water resistant pullover
Or he can be a she
Or two or three
So flexible is this world
So adaptable to my whims
And I do have whims
I don’t know which plaid flannel will give me
The most pleasure
Will make my home complete
I try them all.


photos:   Ruff Hewn Men's Vintage Wash Flannel Buttondown shirt; woman:  Zulily.com

Comments

Popular Posts