Transition Team


To my fellow citizens who closed your eyes, tapped your heels together and said "there's no place like home" you got your wish. You're home again. I don't condone, but I don't condemn either. It's hard to know what's right when you're living in Plato's cave as we all are. So much non-sensicle phenomena in the shadows. I've always found the truth when I extrapolate wisdom from my own experience, but you know what? That doesn't work anymore. I flooded the engine with info. Too much phone time. One snippet, though, comes from my time as a business consultant. The people on the line--they always knew more than management about how things should run. Is that the truth here? Wisdom in the masses? Of course, they had real hands-on experience to base their recommendations on and now what do we have? Fake facts, misleading hysterical headlines--MEMES! Gawd.  Aside: Please don't pass them around this year. Nothing intelligent was ever conveyed in a single quote taken out of context or a faulty analogy. Nothing. Ever. If you can't create an honest-to-god syllogism, make this the year you learn how to do it. It's fun and the only mess you make is in your mind when you realize maybe your thinking needs adjusting to square with the 3D world. Back to business consulting again--maybe it's because we have a businessman prez now--but in business you always have to have a mission statement. We the people haven't had a mission statement in 8 years. We have one now. I'm not crazy about it--it's a MEME for gawd's sake--but it's a start. Defining "great" and agreeing on "when was again" will cause a civil war, but let's get the conversation going. Or, no. You get the conversation going. I'm retrenching. I've decided to stop being part of the drum section and concentrate on the symphony in B Minor we got going in Blue Heron Book Works. Our authors--Larry James Neff, Paul Heller, Jim McGarrah, Laura Libricz, Vincent Francone, Maddy Wells, Joe Taleroski, Billy Ehrlacher, Nicholas DiGiovanni, Lynnie Godfrey, Fanny Barry, Jeff Weiss, Richard Martinez, Alessandra Benvenuti, Paul Misencek, and all the contributors to Songs of Ourselves...they are singing the songs I want to hear and I'm thinking if enough thoughtful, talented writers make their message of common humanity heard--which is what we're all about in BHBW--maybe we can change the tune. Happy New Year.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts