All Souls

I never drive at dusk in the fall....from the side of my eye I see shades slide into the ditches like cats and I want to follow them. Dangerous rascals. The fallacy: there is wisdom in death. Fact: death is dumb. Has George Carlin come back to tell us what the hell is going on over there? No. And he'd be the one. "An angel is dying" a friend says of his long lived life partner and I think, one angel--one devil--more or less. How many wing patterns are there? There is wisdom in life, though. Life knows it's terminal, and assigns itself importance,knowing full well there are a million variations on the theme trying to be the answer. Buildings and bridges. Mini me's. Attics full of art and writing and songs and snaps of picnics in the park and the big old maple tree brushing against the side of the house exhaling, Happy Halloween.

Comments

Popular Posts