Catcalls




I've developed an intense interest in the society of cats...their transactions make sense because they aren't fogged with conversation.They see a bird, boom! No chit chat. I'm pretty interested in bats too and shopping for the perfect bat house..how high do you think they have to be?...that keeps me awake: how are the bats doing? And the bees...I want to have bees, but do bats eat bees? As soon as you insert yourself into places other creatures want to be with creatures who don't necessarily want you there,  you have feeding frenzies...bats, bees, cats, birds... Iraq... Afghanistan...South America...my friend Mary came over this morning and said, "what are we going to do?" ... I told her I don't think the cops are bad in our town..."Like if you have a bowl of blue skittles and a couple are poison, would you stop eating all blue skittles? Noooo!"...the polite look...I, a white woman with working blinkers on all vehicles, could drive a nuclear warhead through town and cops would wave at me..so, what to do?..."Education," she says..."I tell my sons to keep their hands on the steering wheel"...oh, that kind of education ...I thought we might try educating the folks creating the mayhem...I've had several cats now and I've seen that birds get excited chirping hysterically when my cats are around, but the cats could give a damn ...the only thing that drives the cats away are robins who buzz their heads and peck at them...no chit chat.


Comments

Popular Posts