Stop me if you heard this one...

A wounded robin is flailing..failing... downed by a hawk in our yard...its mate scolding our cat, Einstein, who is dying under a nearby bush, innocent this time, I swear, officer...he moves now only to protest my violent insistence on food and drink...which is intended to revive him...but for what?..."circling the drain" our vet says...I asked for it straight...so revived for a final lap...the robin insists that he recognizes Einstein as the killer...he has to blame someone for this murder and Einstein was right there...something has to be responsible for this outrage...death....chicadees, cardinals and nuthatches...mourning doves ...sit on the clothesline, a choir of accusers...they got him now, they have his ear cause he's down and he must listen to their chorus of grievance...not a pretty song and it seems I know the words.

Comments

Popular Posts