It's a Wrap


 Things I've learned the hard way in 2022, on earth: 

1. There is no nice way to tell someone they are not what you're looking for

2. Living under a predatory capitalistic system is exhausting 

3. And dehumanizing

4. When I don't feel like taking a walk in the woods is when I should definitely take one. 

5. In fact, I should camp out then.

6. Especially if I'm expected elsewhere. hahahaha.  And don't call. 

7. I am immediately suspicious of someone trying to sell me something

8. Which is ridiculous when you remember that we live under a predatory capitalistic system

9. Like, how else can you survive? Duh. Only losers AREN'T trying to sell you something.

10. The elephant in the room is that there are too many of us by half

11. That's why all the fossil fuel demonizing is...well, okay, it might work if we all did our part

12. And I mean, ALL of us, not just us with green recycle bins and electric cars, but the BIG guys too

13. But there is still all this heat and demand being generated, so I don't know. Doesn't look good. For us. The planet will probably be fine.

14. But hey, I'm not Neil DeGrasse Tyson, what do I know.

15. I was in Verizon the other day talking to a young woman service rep with 8 visible tattoos, next to a young man service rep with both arms covered in an anime inked wonderland, to my right a much older male customer telling the young man, "nice tats" and then the young woman telling a young man customer to my left, "wow I love spidey" talking about the spider tattoo on his thumb/index finger web, then spidey's MOTHER, a Walmart Wonder TAKING OFF HER SWEATSHIRT exposing tats on her unashamedly flabby arms saying, "I got 10 more across my legs and up my butt" and now that image is burned in mind's eye and the young woman service rep almost crying saying, "I love it when we show each other our tattoos" 

16. It just occurred to me: I may be only person on earth without a tattoo.

17. I want to go back to my home planet.

18. I started getting what I needed when I stopped asking for what I wanted.

19. I don't need much

20.  If you don't have a tattoo, either, maybe we can grab a drink and talk about our home planet. 



Comments

Popular Posts