Collateral Damage

is a phrase associated with war time shenanigans.  You've got to wipe-out a few civilians, as it were, to get the real target. That's war, baby. Now we're in a culture war and we still have collateral damage. The rich powerful men who have exercised their droit de seigneur and are now being called out on it. Sorry about your lucrative careers, family, etc, but someone has to take the hit and you're big targets, even though, I know, I know, everyone does/did it.  Believe me, the #metoo thing isn't an aberration (two martinis and I'll tell you mine), though most of us haven't swum in gold lined pools so it wasn't Harvey Weinstein or Louis C.K. waving their magic wands at us it was Harvey the factory supervisor who could give us overtime or Louis the case manager who could get our kids on disability. Aside: remember Casablanca and that Romanian woman having to sleep with Claude Raines to get her and her husband out of Casablanca? Nobody in my hearing ever mentioned that as odd.  But, in a world  that is starting to realize that Pussy Grabs Back, someone's got to be sacrificed and, well, bye-bye.

 Second collateral damage are former factory workers, people who were left with their wrenches in mid-turn as the assembly line was reassembled elsewhere. What to do with them?  No longer of use to society which is hell-bent on filling the ether with apps that make it faster to buy crap from faraway places and filling our minds with enraging headlines. We give them pain pills and take away health insurance, then cut off food stamps.  So....what? Are we hoping they'll just die off?  Kind of seems that way.

That's it, but I have to tell you about these green tiles. I had a dream the other night that I was trying to get my wares into an Israeli toy store and they said no room for more inventory so I made them build me a room off the side and the whole thing was covered in these green tiles, including my matching room. No idea.

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts