Two Kinds of People

I've had an excellent week.  No particulars, just imagine your own excellent week times 4.  Like that. I attribute the excellence of this week to a confluence of factors, but mostly a decision I made a while back to toss from the side of my boat individuals whose first word is "no," variations: "we've tried it and it won't work,""you need lots of money for that," "it's too hard," and "nice girls don't do that."  Gawd.  I'm feeling vertigo writing this. Let's face it, it's a sign of desperation to throw out good girl rules.  People on the climbing side of the roller coaster have time for niceties, people on the descent can see the end and holler out: "You know this ride is over in 5 seconds, IF we live!" So--did you see it coming?--I am hurtling into what is about to become a Bernie ad. The people in my boat have 5 seconds to make up for their negligence during the comfy ride up. We saw that tracks were damaged, that seats needed repair, even that some safety bars were coming unscrewed and we said nothing. Too expensive, too hard, and don't rock the boat because it might ruin our ride, affect our affluent status quo.  We said no, because what can one person do anyway?  We said no, because  our ride is over in 5 seconds.  And now we have a chance to say yes.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts