Morning Star

The belief bone is missing in my DNA but that never stopped me from loving Christmas which I imagine as a dark night when pure goodness enters the earth's atmosphere stunning all with its possibility.  It's hard to be good though and I've never been. My recent downfall: Those you-might-like-these-articles-if-you-liked-that-trashy-article-you-just-finished links...keep me stuck in the muck. 12 celebrities who have really crummy teeth.  11 actors you didn't know were drug addicts.  I read them all...it's like seeing a casual acquaintance in his underpants. I don't remember ever believing in Santa Claus.  I helped my overworked mother wrap presents for my many siblings till early Christmas morning ever since I can remember because I was a wrapping prodigy. Or so she said. Flattery, right? But still. My mom worked a full time job so Christmas Eves wrapping presents after the younger kids were asleep was the only time I had her to myself all year and I might have dragged it out. Insisting we take the time to heat the milk to accompany Santa's cookies which we ate right before the rest of the house awakened, just as the winter sun started to warm the day with the infinite possibility of Christmas.

Comments

  1. That's you on the right, right--looking sassy already? I love the ornaments, the wallpaper, and the TV!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was the age of psychodelic wallpaper! Explains a lot....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts