Where dat poetry go?

I sneaked into the den which housed the behemoth air conditioner ignoring the electric meter whipping up our bill already stretched beyond reasonability for two people and I tried not to think of all the energy I was wasting because I couldn't take 100 degrees and 100% humidity but I turned the ancient knob to Super Cool and felt the water drip from my head to blind me before it turned to icicles practically on my upper lip then sat down on the lounger we got for my mother so she could stay here when her electricity went out from people like me using it all up and a thought occurred to me dare I say it was a poetic image about the shades of green and have I seen them all and did I even care if I ever saw a new shade of green when my Droid announced incoming hopefully my ship and I grabbed it to see that Verizon desperately wants me to pay my bill that's all and when I put Droid down pencil up I couldn't remember what I was thinking about anymore.

Comments

Popular Posts